Τρίτη 18 Σεπτεμβρίου 2007

London Calling...

by lkrory21

London calling to the faraway towns

Now that war is declared and battle come down

London calling to the underworld

Come out of the cupboard all you boys and girs

London calling now don't look to us

Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust

London calling see we ain't got no swing

Except for the ring of that truncheon thing


The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in

Meltdown expected the wheat is growing thin

Engines stop running but I have no fear

'Cause London is crowning and I live by the river


London calling to the imitation zone

Forget it brother, you can go it alone

London calling to the zombies of death

Quit holding out and draw another breath

London calling and I don't wanna shout

But while we were talking I saw you noddin' out

London calling, see we ain't got no highs

Except for the one with the yellowy eyes


The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in

Engines stop running the wheat is growing thin

A nuclear error but I have no fear

'Cause London is drowning and I live by the river


Now get this

London calling yes I was there too

And you know what they said - well some of it was true

London calling at the top of the dial

And after all this won't you give me a smile?

London Calling

I never felt so much alike, like-a, like-a...


(J.Strummer, M.Jones, LP London Calling, 1979, Epic/CBS)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου